Tuesday, February 02, 2010

e-mail - withdrawal pains

Today I woke up our computer to find that we didn't have e-mail service. Our email service provider Surewest reminds me of the IT department of a mid-sized company.  They're innovative and usually rapidly responsive to reported problems.  But they can be eavily overwhelmed by complex problems. 

It would have nice to get an email saying they're having problems but, of course, they can't do that with the system problems.  I at first thought it was our computer or somebody messing with our email password.  Then I finally got smart enough to call Surewest technical support.  Their answering machine said they were aware of an email problem and they were working on it.

You know you're a real e-mail user when you go into shock when you lose your email.  I can't count how many times I've gone to write an email then remembered I can't.  It's just too much of my life now.

No comments:

Post a Comment