Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Spaghetti Dinner

Spaghetti seems to be the meal of choice when you need to feed a large group on a small budget.  Such was the case this week when we attended the traditional "Blue and Gold" dinner for cub scout pack 55, the pack that includes two of our grandsons Tim and Jake.  The spaghetti was less than wonderful although it did have meat and some flavorings.  And it inspired the man sitting across the table to tell his most memorable spaghetti tale:
"I had dated this girl 3 or 4 times when she invited me to her home for a family spaghetti dinner.  This meant a lot to me as my family were big spaghetti cooks, often simmering our sauces for two days to get the right flavor.  So imagine my shock, not to say loss of appetite, when my girlfriend put a bowl of cold spaghetti pasta on the table in front of me then opened a can of tomato sauce and poured the can into another bowl on the table.  Without further ado, she called out 'dinner's ready'!  After that meal even Blue and Gold style spaghetti tastes good."
This family's spaghetti recipe will NOT be appearing in the Loveridge Family Receipe Book.

No comments:

Post a Comment