Monday, February 15, 2010

Rebuilding Together Sacramento

When I expressed to Janine Perry, my Kaiser physical therapist, that there were places in our house where I felt somewhat vulnerable to falls, she suggested I contact a non-profit agency in town called Rebuilding Together Sacramento.  Before calling them I checked out their impressive web site. Carolyn heard who I was checking out and mentioned that they had been very helpful in Long Beach upgrading the physical facilities used by Young Horizons.

I made a call to their main number and within two days I had met David Grantham, he had toured our house, and we had put together an estimate of what equipment we agreed I needed.  Two days later David and another installer had installed 5 grab bars and moved one.

They also installed a 4 inch toilet seat riser (with arms) that Kaiser had declared "not necessary".  Carolyn and I were both impressed with their work.

1 comment:

  1. Looks pretty good! You didn't show a picture of the floor leading into the shower. My shower stall has a 4-5 inch barrier to keep water in. I have a lot of trouble lifting my legs/feet to get in. Lynn and Mom just had their bathroom renovated with a "roll in shower" but it also had a barrier (but only about an inch) that makes rolling in the shower type wheelchair difficult. Uncle Willard had a collapsible barrier to the shower area--you could push it down and it would bounce back! Did you get one of those??
    Marilyn in Florida

    ReplyDelete