Monday, February 01, 2010

Friends of the library

Today, at the annual meeting of the Friends of the Sacramento Public Library, I was reelected treasurer of the organization.  Pictured above is Joanne Murphy, the 3rd president I have served under in this position.  This will be the 6th year on the board and 6th year as treasurer.  You'd think that by now I'd have learned my lesson.  Actually we are working on replacing me but it won't be easy.  The woman has some health issues but then so do I.

3 comments:

  1. I commend you on how much you have kept busy despite your health issue. Slowing down's certainly not of your choosing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many Bishops and Stake Presidents did you serve under as a clerk? Clerks/treasurers are there to keep things going smooth during transistions :) Or so I like to think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I was never a ward clerk or assistant although I was an Executive Secretary. I served as a stake clerk or assistant under five stake presidents. Talk about being typecast.

    ReplyDelete