Tuesday, September 12, 2006

300 posts!!

It is hard to believe that since I started this blog 8 months ago I have posted 300 entries - 300 bits of my life that I felt like sharing with you (and the world for anyone who cares).

I probably wouldn't have even taken notice except that Carolyn has been after me to "archive" this blog in the event that Google should suddenly decide to pull the plug. It would be a shame to loose all of this because somebody somewhere decided that I no longer deserved a free forum to discuss whatever I wanted and to share photos and thoughts whenever I felt the urge.

It turns out that Google's Blogger software doesn't have an archive function. Pulling the plug is probably anathema to their way of thinking so why have a feature that will never be needed? But there is a setting where you can make up to 999 posts appear on the main page (instead of the usual 6 or 10). When I did that I got all 300 posts including the scores of photos that I have shared over these many months. Then I could save the page locally giving me a pretty good archive. Not something that I could easily restore but something I could use for research or even publication. Can you imagine - Too Old to Know Better, the BOOK!

Anyway, I'd like to thank you for indulging me and even letting me know from time to time that someone out there is reading. And I look forward to the next 300 posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment