Saturday, September 30, 2006

The falling leaves...


"... drift by my window. The falling leaves ..." Ahhh, the first signs of autumn. The trees are still all green but there are leaves that are brown, shriveled, and lying alongside the road or dotting the ground beneath the trees. There's a certain chill in the air making a person think of football games and warmer jackets. Weathermen are casting a wary glance at the thermometer and predicting highs in the 70's instead of the 80's or 90's.

It has now been five full years since I moved to Sacramento. On this day five years ago, Carolyn, Natalie, and Richard helped me move into an apartment on Marconi then headed back to Long Beach leaving me to face the new job, the new apartment, the new EVERYTHING the next day.

And what an adventure it's been. Several people have accused me of going to Sacramento to retire. That certainly was the plan but just not quite as soon as it turned out. Still,, it's turning out okay even if I do get a little nostalgic about this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment