Thursday, September 21, 2006

I'm in!!

The cast for Oliver! was posted on the Davis Musical Theater Company web site this afternoon and like an anxious schoolboy I scanned the list for my name. There it was - I am to play Mr. Brownlow during the second act and be part of the Ensemble during the first act. Mr. Brownlow, in case you missed it in an earlier post, is a "wealthy gentleman, Oliver's unknowing grandfather, kind, mannerly, sympathetic." It's the perfect part for me, at least as far as everything but the wealthy part. I have several important lines revoloving around the end of the play as Oliver discovers who he really is but I don't have to sing a solo which would probably really terrify me.

The first cast meeting and reading through the script is next Monday. Then the adventure really begins!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's wonderful news. When will the performances be? If there is anyway to see them we would love to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're performing each Friday, Saturday, Sunday from November 10 through December 3. That includes the Thanksgiving weekend. In fact, we already have our four season tickets for Nov 25th and can probably get more. That would make a nice family outing.

    ReplyDelete