Monday, January 08, 2007

Real Estate prices don't always go up

Around the Sacramento area we've been hearing a lot about how soft the housing market is. Areas just a short distance from us such as Lincoln have been so hard hit by the market drop and the resultant huge discounts for new construction, that private owners can't sell their homes for any price.

This morning's Sacramento Bee ran an article about a Flippers in Trouble, a blog that tracks homes that are selling for dramatically lower prices than they were last purchased for. I thought maybe they'd all be high end houses but there are houses shown on this site in the low- to mid- $200K's as well. Looks like some of these could really be bargains, not just real estate hype of "priced to sell".

3 comments:

  1. So have you checked any out for Steven and Lisa? Arlene is putting hers up for sale, but she wants 1.1 million. I don't think she is going to get it, at least not any time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if anyone is doing this in your area or, say, Santa Cruz?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen a detailed list like that for Santa Cruz. Lisa and I had also thought about a list of time on the market for houses. There are houses around here that I would swear have been on the market for near to a year. But I would guess there is a reason the list comes from a newspaper and not a realtor, I can't imagine they want you to know how desperate they are.

    ReplyDelete