Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Rosebush attack

People at work were shocked to see my face all cut up as indicated in the photo above. Many offered sympathy as well as suggestions about how I might have gotten such wounds - ranging from "shaving my cat" to "taking up the sport of fencing". But I told everyone the truth - I had a fight with our rosebush. Everyone then assumed I had lost but in truth it was pretty much a tie. There are a couple of branches on the rose that won't ever grow as straight as they might have.

Actually, I was working on my fountain in the front garden and tripped over my own shadow, catching myself gracefully on the only thing that appeared to have some substance and ripping my face, ear, and hand in the process. Too bad it didn't happen last October when I could have dressed up as a pirate.

2 comments:

  1. Well, he'll get his come pruning time. That woman of yours can be nasty with a pair of clippers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way about Halloween and Michael's run-in with the corner of a wall. If it had happened mid-October, I would have been in trekkie heaven, with no need for latex appliances to make my very own little Klingon.

    ReplyDelete