Wednesday, March 07, 2007

$1,000,000

... is still a lot of money. Yes, I know I've been the Chief Financial Officer of various companies whose annual income ranged from $25 million to $200 million and I should be sort of immune to the impressiveness of numbers with six zeros in them. But now that I'm retired I don't see those kinds of numbers or sign that size of check any more. So I was a little breathless when, as treasurer of the Friends of the Sacramento Public Library, I did my part to accept and transfer the funding of our Endowment Investment Account to the tune of $1,000,000. I'll never see the actual funds, of course, even if I wanted to. It is being conservatively invested with a reputable investment manager. The money was a gift from a Mrs. Willoughby Lyons, a former board member of the Friends, who wanted to ensure that the Friends can continue to assist the Sacramento Public Library for many years to come. Thank you, Mrs. Lyons!

No comments:

Post a Comment