Sunday, March 25, 2007

Cleaning service

There it was on our front porch, a white business envelope with the careful handwritten words "Lisa's Housekeeping". It might just as well have said "Free enterprise in America is alive and well". The enclosed flier answered the questions:

  • How Often Can I Have My Home Cleaned?
  • Do I Leave a Cleaning List?
  • What Type of Service Do You Provide?
  • Does a Team or an Individual Clean My Home?
  • How Much Does Housekeeping Cost? and
  • Are the Housekeepers Bonded?

    It was all very professional looking as it should be for a company that claims to have been in business for over 12 years. But I did worry a little about the last sentence on the page: "Each housekeeper is bonded up to five thousand dollars upon conviction."
  • 1 comment:

    1. I suspect most such houskeepers are bonded only "upon conviction". Otherwise it would be too easy for people to game the system by claiming that a cleaner stole things when they weren't. It may be one of those cases where being fully honest can hurt you.

      ReplyDelete