Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Jake's new workbook


Our grandson Jake is still at that wonderful age when working on an activity book is an adventure not "more homework" as big brother Tim describes it. After supper, I asked Jake if he had been working in the sticker and puzzle workbook he had gotten for his 6th birthday a couple of days ago. He said he had forgotten but he knew where it was.

He rushed to get it while I cleared a spot on the kitchen table for us to work. Very methodically, Jake got the book as well as some crayons and a pencil with a large eraser. He proceeded to show me the pages he had worked on and the first page that hadn't been. It was a math page where 1 truck + 1 truck = 2 trucks. I don't know what Kindergarten math grade level is but I do know that Jake didn't take the page as a insult or as an impossible task. It was just a fun activity to do with Grandpa. And Grandpa agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment