Friday, April 18, 2008

We have HOW MUCH Music?

It has been a while since I synchronized my iPod so I was a little surprised when iTunes started up and I saw that we had 7,000 songs! That many songs is apparently equivalent to 17.4 days of non-stop music without repeating anything and it takes up 22.45 gigabytes on our hard drive. I find it interesting to see how varied our music is although we probably have more Children's music that most people would. I thought we'd really be heavy in the Country/Western but we actually have almost as much Jazz as Country.

It is so nice to have all our music backed up on the computer and indexed for the first time. I just wish there was a way to do that with our piano music. I could scan every page but that would ruin some of the books, I'm afraid.

Carolyn just found 32 more cassettes that I need to rip into iTunes. Will I ever get done with this project?

1 comment:

  1. Neither Jessica nor I have iPods, but whenever you want to save\backup our music you are more than welcome to (if you ever get done with yours).

    ReplyDelete