Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Family get togethers

I'm beginning to think that the secret of a good get together is to have enough activities planned for the young kids so they don't kill each other and to provide for enough time for the adults to have good discussions with each other without encouraging them to kill each other. Based on that criterion, I think the past three days have been successful.

In fact, the biggest problem I see was that I allowed the kids to play games on one of our computers. I thought I was pretty safe in that we have no games installed on any of our computers. Little did I know. Eight year old Michaelson promptly connected to the Internet and web sites that have hundreds of free games. From then on it was a struggle to keep them from the computer when they were home and in between activities. That computer will just have to be "temporarily disabled" during the next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment