Thursday, July 10, 2008

It's only air

One of my favorite lines I used when I was a southern Californian was, "Well, yaknow I just don't trust air that I can't see." I thought those days were pretty much over after we moved north to Sacramento and went for months without "seeing" our air. Well, it seems to have come onto us with a vengeance as we've had something like 10 of the past 14 days with the air quality "unhealthy for all people". It burns the eyes and chokes the throat just like Southern California smog.

The main cause of the bad air quality is all the fires in area surrounding Sacramento. I will admit, I'd rather be handling their bad air than have our house or fields go up in flames. Maybe all the smoky air is to help us remember those worse off than we are.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you have to "see" the air you breath. Heard on the news of still many fires north of Sacramento and made me think of you.

    ReplyDelete