Saturday, July 12, 2008

RSVP-mail

Is it happening to you? It is to me and I like it. E-mail is becoming an important and significant part of my life.

Example 1: We received a wedding invitation today with the usual picture of the smiling bride and groom in informal dress and even less formal settings but with the image of the temple as one of the montage of pictures. Enclosed in the envelope is the request to Please RSVP [sic]

Please RSVP by sending an email to
donnybrooke@gmail.com
including the number of guests in your party.

Donny and Brooke are registered at
Target, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, and Circuit City

I'll bet they get more RSVP's than most couples do.

Example 2: I had a visit with my speech therapist a couple of days ago. She prescribed a set of exercises for me to do daily and handed me 3 or 4 copies of the worksheet she recommended I use to track my progress and compliance. She asked matter-of-factly, "Do you have access to a copier." I replied even more matter-of-factly, "Can you get me an electronic version of the worksheet. Then I can print as many as I need (and even make improvements)." The last part being unvoiced. I don't think we would have had that conversation even 5 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment