Thursday, June 11, 2009

Helping the missionaries

I've volunteered more than a couple of times to help our church's men's group to sweep, mow, trim, lop, or otherwise clean up someone's yard either as a welfare project or just to help someone catch up with yardwork that's gotten the lead on them. But I'm having more and more difficulty doing my own yard any more except for the lawnmower which I can push like a walker.

So it was with pleasure that I could answer "Yes" to the missionaries when they called this afternoon for help with a yard project. They didn't want me, just our equipment - mower, trimmer, lopper, weed eater, electric cord. And I know that they'll either return everything in good condition or give me a great excuse never to loan stuff to the missionaries again.

Follow-up: The missionaries returned our equipment in apparent good order and an hour earlier than they had promised. And they brought a new gas container with 2 gallons of gas. That's class!

No comments:

Post a Comment