Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Puff the Plastic Dragon

There's probably nothing better to do on Father's Day than visit with your kids. At least that's a worthy goal. I'm lucky in that one of my sons lives only 5 miles away and we have a chance to visit with him and his family close to weekly. Another son lives in Santa Cruz and we fortunately see him and his wife about monthly.

Riding at about the same pleasure level is to viist with the grandkids at their home so they have lots of toys to play with, know the rules of the house, and when they get tired you can help put them to bed or leave becasue you need to go to your own bed.

Our currently youngest grandson Camdan is geting more and more mobile and developing quite a personality beside. Although he isn't standing or walking yet, he will sit in the saddle of this 4 wheeled scooter and even let someone push him.

Like the fabled Puff, this plastic dragon makes funny noises and opens his mouth in mock nastiness. I missed the best shot where Camdan has his head on the floor looking into the dragon's mouth like a veterinarian might do today checking out a dragon's tooth.

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog (you have excellent book reviews--and a darling Father's Day clock) during a Superscope Storyteller search. I was delighted to find in the comments of your post, "Preserving the Past," that Lakeshore released a storyteller collection. Listening again to Jack and the Beanstalk, I hope my boys are just as terrified of the giant's voice Fe Fi Fo Fumming as I was years ago; and nothing beats the classical music background of the narration. The Lakeshore collection is billed as "Storyteller Complete Library"--which isn't true, as even with my faulty memory I can think of several titles missing. There's no Rapunzel, 3 Pigs, Thumbelina (certainly no David and Goliath). I sure would like to hear the Beast's clock whispering "Wake up, Beauty" and be haunted once again by the Little Mermaid's decision to hurl herself from the boat and turn to sea foam. In your post you said you were transferring your collection to mp3 for your grandchildren. May I purchase a copy?
    saralynsam@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete