Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Falling in love - or just falling?

At one of my Parkinson's Disease support group meetings recently there was a small discussion about falling.  One man boasted that he was on his 27th no-fall day while another looked blankly at the group as his wife said he usually fell 4 or 5 times a day but on good days might fall only 2 or 3 times. 

Having suffered a fall or two myself, I'm not anxious to be doing it several times a day.  The trouble with most falls is that they come as a complete surprise.  Like today when I was opening the rear door of my Highlander in the garage.  I somehow got off balance and couldn't move my feet fast enough to save the situation.   Next thing I knew I was sitting on my butt looking up at the world.  I had scraped my elbow and the back of my hand but that was the extent of my wounds.

 Time to reset my accident counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment