Saturday, January 09, 2010

Turbo Tax

We finally did it like we're supposed to - wait until we have the coupon for a discount on Turbo Tax before buying it.  Often in previous years we've purchased the software then when the coupon comes in the mail (and it always comes) we'd take it and the sales slip for proof of purchase back for the credit.

As usual I made a copy of the software for backup purposes then installed from the backup disk to verify that it is a good copy.  Installation went as expected except that it seemed to take a long time. 

But the thing that fascinated me this year was a question about why specifically I was using Turbo Tax this year.  There was a drop down menu so you couldn't just pick anything.  Curiously missing from the list was the reason I would expect a majority of users to select: "customer loyalty" or "liked the way it worked last year."  Curiously on the list was:  "a friend gave me a copy of the software program." 

No comments:

Post a Comment