Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Idiot trick

t-Mobile wants to charge $4.99 to help you not answer your phone!!

I think there are two kinds of people in this world - those who think that every ringing phone must be answered and those that don't.  And neither side understands the other.  I happen to be in the latter group.  If a phone rings and (1) I am responsible for answering calls coming to that  phone, and (2) I am not busy with someone else, and (3) I am not busy with something else that should not be interrupted, and (4) caller ID indicates the caller to be someone I am interested in talking with or at least not someone I'm NOT interested in talking with, and (5) I am not physically in a location where my phone conversation will disturb those around me, and (6) I am not driving a vehicle then I MAY answer the phone.  I don't feel I HAVE to answer that phone call unless my job or health requires it.  I do make sure the call can go to phone mail and I do try to respond to calls as soon as I can so I don't consider my actions irresponsible.

But apparently there are people who can't stop themselves from answering a phone, especially when they're driving. So t-Mobile is offering their technology to help people NOT answer their phone.  Why can't I come up with a service like that?

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't jump to answer phones, I prefer the person in front of me. I have actually turned my ringer off and just let it vibrate...I decide! It is genius how some people make money. I love earning interest by not doing a thing (well except letting somebody borrow my money)

    ReplyDelete