Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Another end

Back a couple of years, I spent quite a lot of time on planes, mostly on business and mostly going to Sacramento as that was a convenient meeting place for California regional centers, two of which I worked for for the past 21 years. Moving to Sacramento reduced the flights as it was then a commute downtown or to a local hotel for many of the meetings which are still located for the most part in Sacramento.

Now the administrator's group, of which I have been a part since 1985, has arranged a farewell reception for Carmen Villegas and me as we have both recently retired. And wouldn't you know it? The meeting is in Los Angeles. So I'm off to my last regional center administrator's meeting. Perhaps it is fitting that I have to fly to the other end of the state as that certainly represents what I have been doing for so long.

I intend to travel light so my next post depends on availability of a computer and Internet connection at the hotel in Los Angeles.

No comments:

Post a Comment