Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Wardrobe call

At the first meeting of the cast of Oliver! following auditions we were told that from time to time we'd be called out of rehearsal to work with the wardrobe manager Jeannie Henderson. Last night while they were rehearsing a number that I'm not in, Jeannie asked me if she could have a few moments of my time. I said "Of course" and followed her into what I had previously thought was a small closet.
Up a tall stairway and back toward the front of the building there were rows and rows of clothing racks along a long narrow room that appeared to double as a utility room. Hundreds of shirts, coats, dresses, vests, etc. were hanging in neat arrangement allowing easy access. On another wall there were shelves full of clear plastic boxes for scarves, pants, socks, things that don't lend themselves to hanging up. Again, everything was labeled neatly.

Because I have two parts - one as Mr. Brownlow and the other as a street vendor in the Ensemble, I will have two costumes. Jeannie wasn't able to find everything I'll need but we got a good start on the street vendor costume and the measurements for Mr. Brownlow.

The adventure continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment