Thursday, October 05, 2006

What a way to go!


It was the perfect retirement party. There were current co-workers, former co-workers, friends, and family members. There was lots of desserts (chocolate and otherwise), ginger ale, and milk. There was pleasant background music and slides of me at various stages of life. There was a table for signing “best wishes” 3 x 5 cards and a poster-sized invitation for well-wishers also.

A dozen current and former co-workers had agreed to “roast” me although I’ll have to say that the roasts were about as kind as a person could expect. But the humor of the roasts diluted what could have become an overly emotional time. The last thing I wanted was something sounding like my funeral. Actually, I can only hope my funeral can be as upbeat and enjoyable as this party was.

1 comment: