Monday, October 09, 2006

Another quiz - who should be allowed to marry?

As cases wind their way to the varioius state supreme courts and ultimately to the U. S. Supreme court, I found this link rather interesting. I know it isn't high on most people's concerns right now but I sort of expect it will come in for one last airing during the mid-term elections. After all, it is just too good a wedge issue to leave out. Besides if President Bush and the U.S. Senate can take time from their busy schedules regarding the war in Iraq, nuclear developments in Iran, a shaky economy, global warming, and numerous natural disasters, to debate who should be allowed to marry whom, then I can too.

Actually, this link is to an interesting little quiz with several quotes. Each quote is either over 30 years old regarding racially mixed marriage or a recent quote regarding same-sex marriage. You're invited to decide which topic each quote refers to.

As usual, I welcome your comments.

1 comment:

  1. Somehow I expected the punch line. Keep up the good fight.

    ReplyDelete