Monday, June 04, 2007

Yet another Kaiser department

Between the two of us, Carolyn and I seem bound and determined to try out each and every one of Kaiser's services. The latest is my use of the Rehabilitation Services and more specifically the Physical Therapy department.

My lower back pain is getting, if anything, worse. It's quite tolerable if I sit in a comfortable chair or lie in bed but I really can't do all the things I want to with those restrictions. So my primary care doctor sent me to Rehab Services.

After a very short wait, a pleasant young man ushered me into his office, asked a few basic questions about my pain and mobility then proceeded to have me move and stretch in various directions. He noted those that I couldn't do as well as those movements which caused me to wince. He applied pressure and asked me to work against him to measure my muscle health. And in the end he prescribed three exercises which should strengthen the back support and easy my pain.

So far, I've been diligently following the prescribed exercises and nothing has changed. This is not a good sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment