Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Losing weight

It's not going to change my grandson's way of greeting me with a pat on my belly and saying, "You're my fat grandpa, aren't you?" But it does make me feel better about myself and hopefully contribute to improved health. I'm talking about my losing 10 pounds in the past month. My goal is to lose another 20 to 25 pounds before the holiday season this fall and I'm hopeful I can attain that.

So far I haven't had to resort to any usual diets or changes of habit. I continue to exercise at the gym 2 to 3 days a week for about an hour and I keep active with delivering Meals on Wheels, volunteering at the Library, and walking around campus as part of the Sac State Renaissance Society. But mostly, I've tried to be really good about not taking seconds and not taking large portions and not eating out more than once a day. I think it's also helped not to eat a two-slice bread sandwich every lunch.

In any case, it's not dramatic but it does seem to be working little by little. And I've certainly got a skinnier wardrobe just waiting for me - all the clothes I used to wear in the 90's!

1 comment:

  1. I am 20 years old student who weights 75 kilos. I know its not normal but i am planning to lose more kilo because im losing confidence to myself. At my age, i should be conscious coz im not getting any younger anymore and it's for my health also. I love to eat pizza, burger, pasta especially fries. Yummm!! I start looking for a solution to my problem. I exercise, I make a diet. I limit myself to the food i love. But upon searching, i saw https://www.worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com/products/barneys-farm-grape-ape that CBD can help my problem. I am not sure about this. Can somebody tell their experience in CBD?

    ReplyDelete