Saturday, May 31, 2008

Clean feels sooooo good

Even before Carolyn & I took my SUV to Southern California I was getting embarrassed about how dirty it was getting. And after we got back it had gotten so bad I was even considering washing it myself. The reason I haven't washed it is that in this area a lot of organizations stage free car washes and ask for voluntary contributions for their efforts. But I hadn't seen any of these car washes this season. Surely, they weren't going to wait until summer.


Then today between running errands I spotted a car wash that appeared to be a group of junior girl scouts, girls somewhere between 10 and 13 with a couple of adult leaders or parents. Turns out it was a junior high cheer leading team.


I thought they'd complain about the size or dirtiness of my car but they did neither. The method they used was also amazing. There might have been as many as 10 or 12 k ids working on the car at any one time. The littlest girls were assigned the "undercarriage" while the larger ones had the sides and front of the vehicle. The adults covered the roof and hood. The group used brushes and heavy duty scrubbing sponges to really get the vehicle clean. And with so many kids working on it at one time, they didn't appear to miss any areas. When it was all over, the Highlander shone like new.

No comments:

Post a Comment