Saturday, May 17, 2008

Southern California Visit – Note 4

I must say that I am extremely impressed with the honest citizens of Kernville. In one of my geocaching forays I took off my denim jacket because the cool of themorning hadturned to the heat of the day. When we found the cache, I laid my jacket over a railing so that I could sign the log. After everything was put back in its place, we departed on to the next cache without even thinking about my jacket. Two hours later and back at the B&B I realized I didn’t come back with my jacket. I couldn’t recall carrying it beyond the cache where I had laid it on the railing. Now the jacket has some sentimental value and about a $5 purchase value but the iPod in the pocket has a market value of $350.

Needless to say, I hurriedly drove back to the first cache and there on the railing, in the exact position I laid it there, was my jacket. As I picked it up, I could feel the iPod. Anyone else who might have picked up the stray jacket would have felt the same. So, thank you, Kernville! You restore my faith in humanity.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you recovered you iPod. Is it against geocaching etiquette to take a picture of the site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking pictures is a gray area, at least if you post them on the geocaching site. Some see that as giving away too much information. However, there is probably no problem with posting such pictures on this blog. I'll try to do that more. I did take some pictures of caches on this trip so I can start with those.

    ReplyDelete