Monday, May 19, 2008

Southern California Visit – Note 7

I've noted before that 3 days seems to be about the longest time I can be away from home without starting to get anxious about what is happening back home. With electronic communications being what they are now, that number may be slightly larger. After all, I can call our phone message machine and listen to the messages, deleting those that are unimportant or self resolving, and responding to others. Same goes for email. Every place we've stayed during this work/vacation trip has had either wireless or hardwired network access to the Internet which has allowed both Carolyn and me to check our email and it has allowed me to post to the blog.

But at some point I'm still anxious to get home and get back into the routine that feels comfortable. Not that the next few days will be either routine or necessarily comfortable. I will be taking my German class final, making last minute adjustments as necessary for our Jazz Jubilee volunteer shift team, and seeing how the home and yard fared without occupancy. And, of course, visiting our youngest grandson Camdan.

After saying goodbye to the kids and grandkids, Carolyn and I drove to Visalia, almost exactly half way between Long Beach and Sacramento. We stayed overnight making sure that I got enough sleep to drive the rest of the way home by myself. Carolyn rented a car and began a "normal" work week for her by visiting a couple of pre-school sites in the area.

Oh, its great to be home again!!

1 comment:

  1. Aint that the truth. I just love getting into my own bed. The pillow, the mattress, everything just feels right.

    ReplyDelete