Monday, May 19, 2008

Southern California Visit – Note 6

It's taken a while but hotels and inns are starting to catch up with the travelers' needs. In Kernville, the B&B had a wireless network that guests could access for free. For some reason my laptop didn't communicate well with that network so I would get transmission speeds that were below dial up lines.

The Residence Inn, on the other hand, has begun removing the kitchen serving counter and have replaced it with the unit shown above. Not only are there two ports for two separate laptops to hook into their free Web access but there is a bank of surge protected outlets. Gone are the days when we would have to search all around the room for an available outlet only to find out at times that it would entail moving the fridge.

Interestingly when I tried using the second RJ45 outlet located next to the one the Residence Inn was advertising, I found that some gremlins had disabled my network hardware. Enabling them let me access the Marriott's web portal with no problem and both Carolyn and I can now use the complete network including the the web portals.

1 comment:

  1. This post is really informative to all kind of people. I am very happy to see the post. I will request you to give more information about this. I have gotten many knowledgably speech form here. I have also website where you can get some knowledge which may be for your welfare. Visit here…..
    wireless network

    ReplyDelete