Friday, May 02, 2008

Places to do and things to go

I'm sure I must be the last person on the Internet to discover TripAdvisor. We have guests for the weekend and we've already taken them to some of our favorite haunts. I th ought I'd better check out what other people are saying are the "things to do" in Sacramento. A quick search led me to TripAdviser and this lest of Top Rated Attraction:

Having taken guests and family to exactly 8 of those spots, I decided this was a pretty accurate service. Since Carolyn and I will be taking a working vacation in the Kernville area later this month I tried TripAdvisor on that location. When I chose Kernville for my destination, it referred me to Bakersfield. Selecting Bakersfield I was present with the following TOTAL of 6 "Things to Do"

1. Kern County Museum
2. The Links at Riverlakes Ranch
3. Crystal Palace and Museum
4. The Great Central Valley
5. Camping World
6. Fox Theater

I don't play golf and my camping days are pretty much over. I can do most museums in an hour or less. So it appears that while Carolyn is working, I may just be driving all around the Great Central Valley or watching events at the Fox Theater. This could be an interesting vacation. Anybody out there have suggestions for things to do in Kernville?

2 comments:

  1. Well, . . . you could, . . . take up golf. I mean it doesn't really require perfection to play. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try the Kern River Brewing Company for a unique beer selection and some good food. If weather allows, enjoy the fresh air and view from the patio.

    http://www.kernriverbrewingcompany.com

    ReplyDelete