Saturday, February 28, 2009

Tall Grass

I don't know how well you can see in these two pictures the result of the recent rains and temperate weather in Carmichael. These pictures were taken after my making a couple of passes around the lawn. Where I've mowed, the lawn is about 4 inches tall. Where I haven't yet, is about 8 inches tall. It meant that I had to dump out the grass catcher every time I circled the lawn and sometimes ever before I had gone all the way around. Is summer already here?


2 comments:

  1. Why don't you have a mulching mower?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually tried a mulching lawnmower for a season and weren't happy at all with the results. The clipped grass which was supposed to sink through the sod stayed on top instead creating a water barrier and a messy looking lawn. The lawn always looked like someone stopped after moving and before raking.

    ReplyDelete