Sunday, February 01, 2009

Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Hope you're not reading this on an empty stomach. These little babies are just too good to pass up. Fact is, yesterday I had such a craving for double chocolate chip cookies but just didn't feel like digging up all the ingredients. I needed something fast and easy and these fit the bill.

Someone had told me that you could make cookies from a cake mix by just adding an egg and a half cup of oil or butter. I looked in our pantry and found that, sure enough, we had a brownie mix. That sounded close enough to cake mix for me. Only problem was that the brownie mix already called for adding two eggs and a half cup of oil to the mix. I wondered, should I add the two, take the larger, or average? Ended up using the numbers on the brownie mix box. I figured the worst I could do was get flat, round brownies. The brownie mix also called for 2 tablespoons of water but I after I had mixed the eggs and oil into the mix it looked so much like cookie dough that I didn't figure it needed any more liquid.

I had the over turned on to 350 degrees. I scooped the dough onto ungreased cookie sheets and baked for 13 minutes. The result was so delicious I almost didn't get this picture. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. so much for losing that extra weight this year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make cake cookies enough that Libby is now asking to make them. Personally, I like lemon cake mix with cream cheese frosting in the middle of 2 cookies. I sprinkle with pwdered sugar and they look gourmet. I use 1 egg and 1/4 cup oil with the cake mix. Problem...it doesn't make that may cookies.

    ReplyDelete