Friday, February 20, 2009

Warts & all

Click on picture to see album

Last summer, Carolyn and I had our pictures taken at Glamour Shots, not exactly a place you expect two old cronies to go for pictures. Carolyn was preparing to undergo a series of chemotherapy and radiation therapy treatments and was concerned that she might not come out looking quite the same. I had the same concern about what the next couple of years might mean to me since so many ailments seem to be just waiting in line for us. So we splurged for the Glamour treatment. Had I known what my extra weight would look like I might have complained or worn a support belt or something. On the other hand, seeing the reality has helped me lose 12 pounds since then.

Glamour Shots does the makeup,hair styling, and sitting for nothing, betting on the chance that you'll love at least one and hopefully several poses which they then sell you for an exorbitant price. We bought a half dozen poses and were delighted with them. We even got the digital images and the copyright for them so we could use them anywhere.

Then yesterday the company called and asked if we wanted the rest of the poses for $100. That was a real bargain. I could hardly get my credit card out fast enough. They're now posted on my facebook account and you can see them by going to


I was tempted to remove some of the less flattering ones but that would be unfair. I decided we should post them & allow comments and captions. Best one gets a prize, yet to be determined. Enjoy! (or not)

1 comment:

  1. Haven't been to Facebook before, and somehow my comments got posted as being from Carolyn! Oh the things I could say! Aren't you glad I'm not that kind?

    I really enjoyed Stake Conference. But I know you're having a great time with the family this weekend.

    ReplyDelete