Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Number 14

You know there's something really special about a newborn baby. And if they're being especially well behaved you might even have some time to talk to him and tell him what a wonderful world he's coming into.

As I held my 14th grandchild in my arms today, I marveled at his perfect body and at the technology that allowed his doctor to monitor his progress in his mother's womb. As his placenta kept getting in the way, it was nip and tuck for Colin to have a normal delivery. But as many as 13% of American babies can't use this technology because they don't have adequate insurance.


It almost seemed like little Colin looked up at me with a concerned look, wondering how his world will compare to mine. How do I tell him that he is right to be concerned but not to be panicky. There is so much for him to be thankful for. And we can be thankful for such a beautiful new generation.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful sentiment and cute kid of course :) Glad he was good for you guys. He's currently refusing to go back to sleep at midnight :s

    ReplyDelete