Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sesame Street

"Can you tell me how, how to get to Sesame Street?"

Those words have been coming through the speakers of our TV's now for 40 years - twice as long as the Berlin Wall has been taken down. I would be hard pressed to weigh the importance of one over the other. While the destruction of the Berlin wall represents increased freedom and democracy in the world, especially eastern Europe, Sesame Street represents a standard in children's television programming for almost 2 generations.

Child supervision by television is a fact of life for many families if only for a couple hours per day. Having a program that is interesting, entertaining and educational was sufficient justification for Mom having a mid-day nap .

Thanks, Sesame Street, and Happy Birthday

3 comments:

  1. I still love Sesame Street. It is almost the only kids' program I can sit and watch without going brain-dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved Sesame Street! My ONE huge wish for myself in life is to appear on Sesame Street! Guess they usually reserve that for the famous though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't hear that theme song without feeling happy! I loved that show 40 years ago, and I still love it!! And I've raised a new generation of Sesame lovers in my home which I guess I could call my little Sesame Seeds!

    ReplyDelete