Saturday, November 07, 2009

The pressure's off

Every year I try to put off turning off the air conditioning and turning on the heating. My rather artificial target is Halloween or the end of October. Some years we've had a much colder October and we've ended up walking around the house with our heavy coats. In the Spring I try turning off the heat on Easter but if Easter is early or the spring is a cold one, I'll leave the heat on until the end of April.

We try to remember to change the air filter each fall and spring. The HVAC people recommend changing the filter every three months. I feel bad enough changing them every 6 months because they just aren't that dirty. We feel really lucky to live in such a clean environment.

So now the pressure's off, the heat is on (sometimes), and we're once again (or still) breathing clean, filtered air in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment