Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Early in - big deal

You hear these stories about people "getting in on the ground floor" of something and thereby making a cool million dollars or becoming famous or at least grandfathered in with some privileges.  But somehow I never seem to make the cut.

I remember back in 1977 or 1078 when I could always start a conversation with "I have a Polymorphic home computer.  What kind do you have?"  Then we'd either talk about how crazy I was or how does one go about getting a home computer.  Now to say you DON'T have a home computer would start the same conversation.

Five years ago when I started this blog I would have to explain to someone what a blog was before they would even think about asking for the URL.  I was one of approximately 150,000 personal blogs.  I figured with the rapid turnover in such an industry that by 2010 I would simply be 1 of 1,000 or so as people found that the reward:cost ratio wasn't that tempting.  Wrong again.  According to Newsweek, I am now "competing" with 1.4 million blogs.

I just can't get ahead of the curve.

3 comments:

  1. No, no, you're a trendsetter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandson is attending the National Scout Jamboree at Fort A P Hill, VA and as scribe for the troop posts a daily blog describing activities for parents and stay at homes to read. Mnogo interesten. I read your blog every day and was concerned at the recent lapse of information from you. Good communication form.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out the Jamboree at http://www.2010nationaljamboreetroop644.org/

    ReplyDelete