Monday, August 02, 2010

Picture this

As I began sorting through our various computer files and folders of digital photos, one of the things that immediately concerned me was that we have dozens of photos which have the same name as other photos.  Of course they aren't the same size or creation date but not all programs look that deeply to see that the files are really not the same.  I'm beginning to wonder if we haven't already lost some pictures by archiving them to CD and skipping "duplicates".  

Once I get a handle on the scope of the problem and decide what I can do about it, I want to make sure that each photo has at least a unique name.

When I scanned all our slides, I realized how easy duplicate names would be to create and took steps to make them all unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment