Thursday, August 19, 2010

South Lake Tahoe Family Reunion - Day 3 Horsing around


It just so happened that Tiffany's van broke down around the Camp Richardson resort are which gave Carolyn some time to  check out services in that area which included, among other things, a horseback riding facility and a state park highlighting the marsh, meadowlands, and forests around Lake Tahoe.  Fortunately, the nature trail around Taylor Creek was wheelchair accessible and I was able to use my power chair around the whole area.

The Corral was not so disability friendly.  I knew ahead of our visit there that my weight was 15 pounds over the limit so I would not be able to ride a horse.  But I hoped that I would have better access for photographing the three horse riding teams that our family fielded. Judging from the after-event discussions the riding will long be remembered and appreciated.

Edward drove back up to take care of the van and head back to Sacramento with his boys for some scouting event.  He'll be back on Wednesday.


















































No comments:

Post a Comment