Saturday, August 14, 2010

South Lake Tahoe Family Reunion - General comments

I will be posting every day for the next week to describe a great family reunion we just spent with our kids and grandkids.  Although it was written in real time, some of our family didn't feel comfortable announcing to the world that we were all away from home,  I apologize for any resulting confusion when my blog says I'm on retreat and I'm obviously at home.

I felt the impact of my walking disability more than any other time so far.  We pulled up to the vacation "mansion" and it sank into my brain for the first time that this was a three story building.  I couldn't get to any floor without a minimum of 5 steps.  I tried taking my walker up and down a couple of stairways.  That was not going to work.

Finally, on the bottom floor I noticed a full complement of pool cues in the pool room and took two of them as walking sticks.  They weren't perfectly fit for that purpose but they were better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment