Monday, August 16, 2010

South Lake Tahoe Family Reunion - General comments #2

After feeling so disabled at Blue Haven, I rode somewhat more optimistically with Carolyn to our timeshare condominium in downtown South Lake Tahoe.  Figuring our room wouldn't be that far away, we didn't even get the power chair from the van.     What a mistake!  The bellhop loaded all our stuff on one of their carts and  then took us on what must have been a 1,000 yard tour of the building.  I decided I couldn't go back out the same way and Carolyn graciously agreed to retrieve my chair.  I think it was the first time she had unloaded the chair all by herself and the first time she had driven it that far.  She was a bit frazzled by the time she made it back to our apartment.

By using the pool cues, I was feeling a little better about getting around at Blue Haven --- until dinner.  With my hands full of walking sticks, I had no way to hold a plate and go through the buffet line.  I looked around for a sympathetic glance or a knowing look.  No luck.  I called to Carolyn but she was too busy and there was too much noise in the room to make myself heard.  I  sat down and stared at the empty spot in front of me and trried to luck hungry.  Within a couple of minutes, my oldest grandson Ben bent down and asked if he could get me something.  I really appreciated that.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Dad. I hope that we took better care of you the rest of the times.

    ReplyDelete