Wednesday, August 18, 2010

South Lake Tahoe Family Reunion - General comments #3

I appreciated having the pool cues as walking sticks but I was concerned about breaking them or scuffing them in a way which would obviously look like they'd been misused.  So I was delightted when Lee and Staci gave me for a birthday present a pair of professioinal grade aluminum walking sticks.  


The sticks took some getting used to.  They seemed to really help me in sand at the beach. Unfortunately, however, there are some days I can't seem to get them going at all, sticks or not.  While I can get my walker up and down stairs only with considerable effort, I can easily transport the sticks up or down stairs by holding them both in one hand and still have a hand free for holding the banister.  On the other hand, they have no provision for holding things like plates, cups or utensils.  They're not the answer to all my walking problems but I certainly wouldn't have been able to get around as much without them.  


No comments:

Post a Comment