Saturday, March 18, 2006

Getting close to springtime


With temperatures approaching the mid-60's, a slight breeze, and the enthusiastic serenading of the neighborhood birds, it was just too nice to stay inside today.

We tried out our new Little Giant ladder to check out and clean out the gutters. The recent rain had done a good job of clearing our roof of dirt and debris but it had all gotten into the gutters where the downspout screens had done their job of keeping the downspouts clear at the expense of leaving lots of muck in the gutters. Still, it was good to see that the gutters weren't completely full.


I found the ground where we have been planting tomatoes still too wet to work but the raised flower beds had drained enough that I could get a start on chopping out the grass. However, my aching hands didn't let me complete the job. It's still too early to plant anything there anyway.

Carolyn found the perfect spot to work - listening a backdrop of our fountain and neighborhood birds, she could begin planting the border and ground cover flowers that she bought at Costco last week.

1 comment:

  1. ....as seen on TV....the "Claw" is the best investment in garden tools you will ever make. Trust me, with Burmuda that gets into flower beds, my claw makes quick work of it. Stand, place the claw over the grass or week, twist and all roots are loosened and ready to toss. For 35.95 you can't go wrong. SERIOUSLY!!!!! I love my claw...almost as much as chocolate

    ReplyDelete