Monday, March 06, 2006

What's that you say?



I've been helping people with homework ever since I was 6 years old helping my siblings with their math. So it wasn't a surprise that I'd be helping daughter-in-law Tiffany with her audiology homework. Except that this time I was simply a subject for her to practice administering a hearing test using this audiometer.


As I'm sure many of you have figured out by now, my hearing isn't what it used to be. The readings are between 10 and 30 decibels short of what I really would like to have with the more serious problem occuring in the higher ranges of speech frequencies. I had my hearing checked when we first moved to Sacramento almost five years ago. At that time it showed some loss but not enough that our medical plan Kaiser thought I should be fitted with hearing aids. It looks like I need a follow-up visit to see whether my condition has deteriorated enough to qualify.

No comments:

Post a Comment