Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Another random event

Before I retired, one of the things that Carolyn and I had talked about was the possibility of my going along with her on some of the many trips she takes to central and southern California. But then I got so busy with volunteer work and part-time work at the Regional Center that we've just never tried out that possibility.

Finally, Carolyn said that if we're ever going to try it, this week would be ideal for her. I notified everyone at the library, Meals on Wheels, and the regional center that I'd be absent for this week although I did spend half of the usual time at the library this morning before Carolyn asked me to come home so we could take off.

I thought the plan was to drive to San Luis Obispo where she has responsibilities on Wednesday and Thursday. We have done that. However, we also stopped along the way (okay it was about 25 miles out of the way) at Pinnacles National Monument. We purchased the Senior Pass that I am now eligible for instead of paying the usual entrance fees. And we took Balcony Cliffs and Cave hike, a 2.5 mile "moderate" trail hike to some wonderful viewpoints and through a cave that was created when huge bolders fell from the mountains into the valley.

I accused Carolyn of creating a situation for me where I had to forget my pain and walking difficulties just to make it around the trail. But, of course, I didn't forget my pain, just postponed it until tonight when I really had to medicate myself in order to walk, sit, or even lie down.

No comments:

Post a Comment