Thursday, April 05, 2007

Evaluating the dental office


In a previous post about selecting a new dental office, I didn't explain what criteria I was using other than the physical facility. Actually, there were more criteria, specifically the following list that I had taken from the website of Stuart A. Greene, DDS, a dental practice in Texas.

1. Receptionist should be friendly on the phone and at the front desk
2. Be prompt and do not keep patients waiting
3. Do not let dental assistants do very much without first explaining things to the patient
4. Be willing to work out more flexible financial plans
5. Give patients personal attention and don't make them feel rushed like a number
6. Tell patients what is being done before charging them
7. Call and remind patients of their dental appointment
8. The office must look, feel and smell clean
9. Be more helpful in processing dental insurance
10. Explain sterilization standards practiced in the office


My problem was that many of these concerns can't easily be evaluated until you are actually a patient. That certainly doesn't mean the criteria aren't useful. I decided that I would keep them until after my first appointment and then compare the results.

I am happy to report that on the basis of the intake process, Arden Oaks Dental passed with flying colors. I saw evidence of positive responses for every one of these criteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment