Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas is for kids

No doubt about it. In my mind Christmas is for kids. Since we're not planning on going anywhere for Christmas this year, and since Carolyn has been diligent about getting all the long distance gifts taken care of by now, we're sort of in the "lay back and enjoy it" phase. So we've been able to play with our grandsons (grandpa being soundly whupped at Monopoly Junior here), take them with me for Meals on Wheels, and spend an evening doing that old fashioned activity - stringing popcorn to be used as trimming on the Christmas tree.

Here is Jake and Carolyn tying a couple of strings together and sizing up the string so far. Tim did a great job at using a needle and thread while Grandpa seemed to be able to poke himself rather well.

Here is the tree decorated with the popcorn garland. We thought about doing more but it was already pretty late. So we sent the kids off to take their baths.

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed with your popcorn stringing - looks great. I saw your comment on my blog about the eggnog, yes, it is sweetened condensed milk. Let me know if you try it and like it. Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete