Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Tradition..... tradition...

With grinding spices and


mixing them with the meat, and


with the dehydrator going full force,



and with me implementing quality control (I'm eating a piece, not licking it!)

you can tell it's getting close to Christmas. A few weeks ago Carolyn and I put up several pints of pomegranate jelly so by the time I get through with this jerky project we should have plenty of little gifts for friends, neighbors, and co-workers. I'm afraid we've done this so long that some people have come to expect it and have let us know a couple of months ago that they are.

We're glad it's something we can do.

2 comments:

  1. So does family have to come up and visit to get some? A reward or bribe of sorts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm.... family....family.... I'm sure they're on the list here somewhere.... Oh, here it is: When family visits, get jerky out of freezer and thaw. Good any time of year."

    Guess we've been missing that part. Remind us next time.

    ReplyDelete